We are only as strong as the network that carries us! Since its inception, the UMD IO MPS program has been supported by many different people. A huge thank you to:
- Every single person Dr. Paul Hanges and Aiken spoke to while creating the program, including members of the advisory board, current faculty, Dr. Rick Guzzo and Dr. Elliot Lasson, whose insight provided key information for determining the marketing, format, and content of the program.
- The advisory board for the MPS program: Dr. Eric Braverman, Dr. Kathryn Niles-Jolly, Dr. Mina Sipe, and Dr. Marc Sokol, who have provided essential support both directly to graduate students and to the program by providing strategic advice and feedback.
- The leads for the alumni committee in 2018 (Alia Smith, '17), and 2019 (De'Leisa Nelson, '18), for keeping the director on track, making sure everything gets done, and investing so much time, energy, and heart into each cohort. And if that were not enough, for also checking in on the director's well being and work load as the program continues to thrive.
- Everyone who has served on the alumni committee, which drives interesting and helpful programming for current students, including regular career panels, and provides input and feedback to the program more broadly.
- Every single cohort for providing thoughtful feedback to faculty and the program director to ensure the program continues to develop.
- Every participant in the Alphabet Soup Event with the PBJC and JCC, for donating so much of your time to help ensure strong hires into local government in Alabama - UMD IO MPS alumni and students, and UB Master's students included!
- Psychology Department Chairs Dr. Jack Blanchard and Dr. Mike Dougherty for supporting our program as it grows.
- All Psychology Department Staff, with special thanks to Kim Schmidt, JoAnne Leffson-Bryant, Merle Henry, Enamul Haque, and Hannah Griffith, for providing essential ongoing support in supplies, orders, purchases, strategy, and budgeting. We would not be functional without you.
- The entire cohort of 2018 for creating the vision, mission, and values of the program!
- All of our organizational partners, including the Jefferson County Commission, Personnel Board of Jefferson County, and the Ethics & Compliance Initiative, for providing our students and alumni with rich, hands-on IO experience.
- Professors for the introductory Psychology course sequence, including Dr. Tracy Tomlinson, Dr. Meg O'Neill, and Dr. Dylan Selterman, for inviting members of our community to guest lecture in their classes - and by extension, for facilitating the development of pipelines for Psychology undergraduates into IO Psychology.
- Dr. Kim Nickerson, BSOS Assistant Dean and Diversity & Inclusion Officer, for all of his support to our program, including a Black History tour of UMD, a guest lecture on racism, and reviewing and providing feedback on important recruiting efforts for our proram.
- Every alumnus who has sent jobs and other opportunities to our community, with particular thank you's to Shannel Winslow ('17) and Michelle Stalnaker ('18) for high flow job opportunities!
- Alumni, faculty, and advisory board members who sponsor members of our community to attend SIOP's annual conference.
- All engaged volunteers for our initiatives, including UMD IO CARES.
- Isaiah Crisp ('18) and Nia Heslop ('18), for conducting research to develop a new component to our application - how applicants heard about our program!
- Every alumnus participating in alumni interviews during the new student selection process - a full list of involved alumni is on our application page.
- Richard Gonsalez ('18), Lindell Thomas ('18), and Jaimen Holland (friend of the program) for coming up with interview questions and conceptual ideas for videos to enhance our program website.
Our gratitude grows every day, and we expect this list will grow almost as fast! Check back for updates.