More information on Winter 2019/Spring 2020 Commencement coming soon!
- Winter 2019 Campus-Wide Commencement: December 17
- Spring 2020 Campus-Wide Commencement: May 22
- Spring 2020 College and Departmental Commencements: May 21 & 23
Spring 2019 Commencement
The Department of Psychology ceremony will take place on Thursday, May 23th at 12:00 pm in the Reckord Armory. Tickets are not required, but please RSVP to the graduation ceremony by May 1, 2019. Please note, due to the size of the venue, you may bring up to 6 guests to the PSYC commencement ceremony.
Students must arrive at 11:00 am on the ground floor of the Armory. Please do not forget your regalia!!
Even if you do not plan to attend the ceremony, please use the link above to let us know that you will not be attending.
The main Campus-Wide 2018 Commencement Ceremony will take place on Friday, May 24th at 1:00 pm in the Xfinity Center. For more information go to http://www.commencement.umd.edu/
Tickets are required for the campus-wide ceremony and only those students who are completing all degree requirements this semester may receive tickets to attend. For more information regarding ticket distribution visit www.commencement.umd.edu.
Free parking will be available in any lot or parking garage on campus. Recommended parking closest to Reckord Armory is available in the Regents Drive Garage (see map). It is a 10-minute walk from the garage to the Armory and free accessible shuttles to the Armory are also available.
There are a limited number of handicapped parking spots available outside of the Armory which will be available on a first come, first serve basis. Guests will need a state issued handicapped placard to park in these spaces. There will also be a drop-off area outside of the Armory where guests can drive up to the rear (accessible) entrance of the Armory in order to drop off anyone who requires physical assistance.
For driving directions and campus maps click here.
Disabled guests and/or families with baby strollers needing to avoid stairs can enter the Armory through the rear (accessible) entrance adjacent to the Main Administration Building (see map). This door opens directly onto the gym floor and once guests enter the Armory, they can sit anywhere they like. It is floor seating only, no bleachers or stairs. Wheelchair seating will be marked off so guests should see a commencement volunteer (wearing name tags) or an usher (in yellow jackets) for assistance.
In order to participate in either ceremony, students must purchase academic regalia at the University Book Center. For more information visit www.commencement.umd.edu.
GradImages will take photographs of each graduate participating in the PSYC commencement ceremony. While there is no obligation to purchase the prints, graduates will receive access to the color proofs by email approximately two weeks after commencement along with ordering information. For more information, contact GradImages at 800.628.4509 or visit www.gradimages.com.
Additional Information for PSYC Ceremony
- Graduates – you will be standing a long time. You will also be walking across a stage with lots of people watching you. Wear comfortable shoes.
- Graduates – please note that there will not be any place to store book bags or purses during graduation. If it is necessary to bring a bag, leave it will your guests.
- All graduates' and guests' items will be checked by security, so please be mindful when considering bringing backpacks and purses.
- Designate a place to meet your family after the ceremony. You will be processing out of the main entrance of the Armory, so plan to meet them outside afterward.
- The PSYC ceremony will last approximately 1.5 hours.