Welcome to PSYC Day!
- Learn how to get involved in PSYC and see what PSYC @ UMD has to offer.
- Win Prizes!
Coffee in the Courtyard
- Connect with graduate students, faculty, and staff over coffee during our monthly programs.
- Learn about opportunities, careers, graduate school, and more!
- TIPS is designed to provide practical guidance to Psychology Transfer Students on how to effectively manage the academic and social challenges of being a University of Maryland Undergraduate Psychology Major.
- TIPS events will be held monthly throughout the fall and spring semesters.
- Learn more about tips here.
|ABA Therapy Panel (Virtual Event)
Tues, October 11th
Everything I/O Psychology Networking Night
- Learn more about the field of Industrial/Organizational Psychology including careers, graduate school, internships, professional associations/development, and research.
- Connect with Alumni, Graduate Programs, and Organizational Professionals within this fast growing field of I/O PSYC.
- Event Flyer
Wed, October 19th
5-6:30 pm, 1140 BPS
|Mastering Your Master's Degree Grad School Search Panel (Virtual Event)
Tues, November 1st
|Fri, November 4th
Career Exploration Night
- Connect with UMD alumni and organizations to learn about career paths options related to psychology at the UMD Psychology Career Exploration Night.
- This event offers the opportunity for you to chat individually, or in small groups, with professionals who have successfully established themselves in the career fields listed below. Some organizations will also be sharing internship and full-time job openings.
|Tuesday, March 7th, 2023
Enter the PhD Workshop
- Interested in pursuing a Ph.D. in psychology?
- The workshop is geared toward current First-year and Second-year psychology majors and will answer questions such as:
- Why should I consider a doctoral degree (PhD) in psychology?
- What are the differences between a master's degree and a doctoral degree in psychology?
- What are the different career paths available to those who earn a PhD in psychology?
- What are the different research areas of psychology?
- What is life as a psychology graduate student really like?
- What steps can I start taking now to be a desirable candidate for psychology PhD programs?
- ...and any questions you have that are not on this list
- This workshop is organized by the Department of Psychology's Diversity Committee as part of our effort to increase graduate study opportunities for students from groups that are underrepresented in the field of psychology.
- Enter the Ph.D. Flyer
|Friday, April 14th, 2023
PSYC Terp Multicultural Town Hall
- The Town Hall is an opportunity to learn about students’ experiences of inclusion, representation and climate in our undergraduate courses.
- Results from the Department of Psychology’s Undergraduate Climate Survey will be presented, followed by student-led small group conversations about the strengths and directions for continued advancement of inclusive efforts in undergraduate courses.
- Lots of changes have been made to the undergraduate program based on what students share at this Town Hall—so, please come and add your voice!
Undergraduate Psychology Research Fair
- Learn about the exciting research being conducted by PSYC terps!
- Make connections with your PSYC terp community
- Learn about the labs and projects in our department and get involved
- This is a great experience for any students involved in on-campus research, especially those students planning to pursue graduate study.
PSYC Senior Day