The University of Maryland, as well as the Department of Psychology and the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences, offers many options for students looking for both need and merit-based scholarships, as well as awards for exemplary students.
Departmental Undergraduate Scholarships:
- William G. Johnson '63 Endowed Scholarship
- Psychology Undergraduate Scholarship
- Exceptional Contributions to Black Lives Award
Departmental Student Experience Funds:
- Dr. Jack J. Blanchard and Dr. Melanie E. Bennett Student Experience Endowed Scholarship
- Taylor and Brandon Cole Student Experience Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. Dennis F. Marion Research Endowed Scholarship
Departmental Undergraduate Awards (by nomination only):
- Mark S. Harper Award for Excellence in Psychology
- Award for Excellence in Student Leadership
- The Outstanding PREP Student Award
Departmental Undergraduate Need-Based Award (selected by OSFA):
- Bassett Family Endowed Scholarship
Questions regarding any of these departmental undergraduate scholarships or awards should be directed to psycadvising [at] umd.edu.
The College of Behavioral and Social Sciences (BSOS) offers a variety of scholarships, fellowships, and experience funds to academically talented and engaged students. Various campus resources are also available to assist with identifying additional financial support. Learn more.
- The College offers several scholarships to current students (see below) and each scholarship has individual eligibility criteria. Scholarship awards are granted one time for the Fall semester.
BSOS Undergraduate Experience Funds
- These funds assist undergraduate BSOS majors engaged in experiential learning outside the classroom, including internships, research, conference attendance, community service, or study abroad.
BSOS Summer Scholars (For current students, by faculty nomination)
Maryland Summer Scholars (For current students, by application)
The Office of Student Financial Aid has information about applying and receiving both merit and need-based financial aid and scholarships. For information, click here.
The Division of Student Affairs offers a variety of funds that provide emergency assistance for students in crisis and in need. For information, click here.
- Student Crisis Fund supports the financial wellness and personal well being of our students so they can thrive personally and academically.
International Student Scholarship, click here.